Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corporation History
777 Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas 76102-5384
Telephone: (817) 333-2000
Fax: (817) 333-2377
Sales: $8.41 billion (1997)
Stock Exchanges: New York
Ticker Symbol: BNI
SICs:4011 Railroads, Line-Haul Operating; 6719 Holding Companies, Not Elsewhere Classified
Our vision is to realize the tremendous potential of The Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railway by providing transportation services that consistently meet our customers' expectations.
- "As BNSF Nears Start-Up, Management Team Takes Shape," Railway Age, October 1995, pp. 20-21.
- Marshall, James, Santa Fe: The Railroad That Built an Empire, New York: Random House, 1945.
- Overton, Richard C., Burlington Route: A History of the Burlington Lines, New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1965.
- ----, Milepost 100: The Story of the Development of the Burlington Lines, 1849-1949, Chicago, 1949.
- Waters, L.L., Steel Trails to Santa Fe, Lawrence: University of Kansas Press, 1950.
- Welty, Gus, "Managing the Mega-Mergers," Railway Age, November 1997, pp. 33-35.
- ----, "Matchmakers Rob Krebs, Jerry Grinstein," Railway Age, January 1996, pp. 31-33.
- Zeller, Wendy, and Kathleen Morris, "A Desperate Effort to Clear the Tracks," Business Week, March 2, 1998, p. 46.
Source: International Directory of Company Histories, Vol. 27. St. James Press, 1999.