ALARIS Medical Systems, Inc. History
San Diego, California 92121
Telephone: (858) 458-7000
Toll Free: 800-854-7128
Fax: (858) 458-7760
Sales: $533.9 million (2003)
Stock Exchanges: New York
Ticker Symbol: AMI
NAIC: 339112 Surgical and Medical Instrument Manufacturing
Our Mission is to develop "smart" technology, tools and services designed to help reduce the risks and costs of medication errors, and safeguard patients and clinicians at the point of care.
ALARIS Medical Systems, Inc. (Alaris) is a world leader in intravenous (IV) drug delivery systems, infusion devices, patient vital-signs monitoring instruments, and related software, disposables, consultations, and training. The company's motto is "Medication Safety at the Point of Care." To that end, Alaris offers the Medley Medication Safety System, the Signature Edition GOLD, Gemini, ASENA, and other infusion "smart pumps," the Guardrails Safety Software Suite, SmartSite and SmartSite Plus Needle-Free Valve systems, the VITAL
- Acello, Richard, "Alaris Medical Inc. Survives a Feast of Changes," San Diego Business Journal, October 27, 1997, p. 4.
- Brooks, Karen, "Improving and Extending the Quality of Human Life," San Diego Business Journal, October 2, 2000, p. 74.
- "Israel: Card Guard Scientific Survival Signs New Deal (Buys Istromedix from Alaris Medical Systems Inc.)," IPR Strategic Business Information Database, August 24, 2000.
- Lau, Gloria, "Alaris Medical Systems, Inc. San Diego, California; CEO Guides Medical Firm to Higher Ground," Investor's Business Daily, July 14, 2003, p. A08.
- Much, Marilyn, "Alaris MEDICAL SYSTEMS San Diego, California; Medical Device Maker Pumps Up Global Sales," Investor's Business Daily, February 12, 2004, p. A10.
- "New Editions of Guardrails Safety Software," Journal of Clinical Engineering, Fall 2002, p. 267.
- "Small Parts Yield Alaris 11 Recalls During Audit," Inspection Monitor, June 2001.
Source: International Directory of Company Histories, Vol. 65. St. James Press, 2004.