Deutsche Post AG History
Telephone: (49) (228) 182-0
Fax: (49) (228) 182-7099
Incorporated: 1490 as Kaiserliche Reichspost
Sales: DM 28.7 billion (1998)
NAIC: 49211 Couriers; 45321 Office Supplies & Stationery Stores; 52211 Commercial Banking
The Deutsche Post is developing into one of the leading mail communication and logistics concerns in the world. We offer our clients services of the highest quality at competitive prices. We match the expectations of a competitive market as well as the needs of a comprehensive national and international infrastructure. By further developing established products we solidify the trust put in us and establish a basis for introducing innovative services and expanding into strongly growing markets. Our entire value production is based on and regulated by state-of-the-art information technology.
- "Deal in the Post," Banker, December 1995, p. 15.
- "Deutsche Post: Im Jahr 2000 auf's Parkett," Spiegel Online Aktuell, February 12, 1999.
- "Deutsche Post on Buying Spree," American Shipper, June 1999, p. 20.
- "Deutsche Post Scraps Trans-O-Flex Takeover Plans in Face of Commission Objections," European Report, May 13, 1999.
- "Deutsche Post to Purchase Danzas," Transportation & Distribution, January 1999, p. 14.
- Dohmen, Frank, and Ulrich Schäfer, "Post Modern," Spiegel, July 19, 1999.
- Echikson, William, et. al., "Privatization: Posts with the Most," Business Week International, August 17, 1998, p. 18.
- "Festakt mit Intrigen," Spiegel, December 23, 1994.
- Glaser, Hermann, and Thomas Werner, Die Post in ihrer Zeit, Heidelberg: R. v. Decker's Verlag, G. Schenk, 1990.
- "Kein Briefmonopol für Post AG," Focus Online, July 6, 1999.
- Lotz, Wolfgang, Deutsche Postgeschichte, Berlin: Nicolaische Verlagsbuchhandlung Beuermann, 1989.
- "Mit mehr Technik und weniger Personal in schwarze Zahlen," Handelsblatt, December 19, 1994.
- "Post kauft weiteren Expressdienst," Die Welt (online edition), January 8, 1999.
- Schmitz, Heinz, "Der Einflu der Politiker bleibt," Handelsblatt, December 20, 1994.
- Schöll, Franz, ed., Einheitsfarbe Ginstergelb, Berlin: Edition Hentrich, 1995.
Source: International Directory of Company Histories, Vol. 29. St. James Press, 1999.